Sysex communication - Fishman TriplePlay trouble

Trying to interface a simple SPA application to my Fishman TriplePlay Controller. Using v.2.5.2

I'm able to read the played notes, I'm having some trouble with sysex management.

1. is the WebMidi.enable(...,true) necessary only once, or should it be issued (without 'true' parameter) again after sending the data initialisation array, when adding the event listeners?
  2. Fishman doesn't provide support about sysex messages, and I'm trying to intercept the midi data with a MIDI monitor, but I'm unable to let it work. In particular I have to switch the controller from poly to mono mode (1 channel per guitar string), but it works only after I launch the proprietary sw, so I think I'm doing something wrong... Can someone post a complete example of a sysex communication?

Comments

• 1. is the WebMidi.enable(...,true) necessary only once, or should it be issued (without 'true' parameter) again after sending the data initialisation array, when adding the event listeners?

The call to WebMidi.enable() only needs to be performed once at the beginning (unless you use WebMidi.disable() and want to re-enable WebMidi).

Can someone post a complete example of a sysex communication?

By definition, system exclusive messages (a.k.a. sysex) are exclusive to one manufacturer and/or device. It is up to the manufacturer to decide how the device will use the messages. Some manufacturers make this design public while others don't. For those that don't, it is sometimes possible to find some reverse-engineered documentation on the Internet but, obviously, there are no guarantees.