Mobile Browser WebMIDI support

If I recall correctly, the WebMIDI API should technically work with Android Chrome; however, I am not certain I understand how this would technically be possible without using something like bluetooth.

I do not require Mobile support; however, it would be awesome to know if there's been any testing or exploration on this? MIDI control over mobile would be killer, but I could settle for using the Native OSX/Android app route for MIDI control if needs be.

Comments

• Typically, on mobile, you would use BLE MIDI (Bluetooth Low Energy). This is known to work with the Web MIDI API. Adafruit produced a nicely detailed document called What is WebMIDI & BLE MIDI? that presents these technologies.

• I was able to test with Bluetooth on an Android device and Mac laptop and confirm that it works with the library.

I used CME Widi Master Bluetooth connectors with the Meris MIDI I/O and Meris Enzo. It's really trippy to be able to control the pedal remotely.

I suspect that it's more of an issue with the CME Widi Master MIDI connectors, but I can't seem to connect via bluetooth directly for the Android device, I need to connect via an app called MIDI BLE.

Is this something that might be tenable/worth adding as functionality? Not sure if there are plans to add Bluetooth support but wireless MIDI control is a pretty compelling feature.

• I was able to test with Bluetooth on an Android device and Mac laptop and confirm that it works with the library.

Awesome! Thanks for reporting back.

Is this something that might be tenable/worth adding as functionality? Not sure if there are plans to add Bluetooth support but wireless MIDI control is a pretty compelling feature.

I'm afraid that MIDI drivers and MIDI transport layers are unreachable by WebMidi.js. So, there isn't much I can do regarding this.